Sunday 30 January 2011

60. WHERES THE TEA!

Todays magical 30 day challenge topic:

Put iPod / other such music device on shuffle. Write first 10 songs which come up.

This could be a little revealing... lets give it a go.

1. Big Time Sensuality (The Flute Minimix) - Bjork.
Copied this CD off of, but I think it may have been off of Dan (my cousin, not the blacksmith), listened to it shitloads in late 1st / part of 2nd year of college. I remember walking down the road near college listening to this, infact I have an image inside my head of watching myself walk down the road (from the other side of the road). A bit weird, really. I was just about to pass the bushes in which the stoners hung out behind a lot in 1st year. Bjork isn't bad, though I think I have to be in the right mood to listen to it... quite a cheerful mood preferably, otherwise I can get to feel a tad miserable for some reason (like I did in college).

2. Honey Honey - ABBA.
Y'know, the film Mama Mia really isn't too bad, not that that is where Abba first came from or anything... it just built up my like for them. Only actually copied this whole (double) album off of my mum (or is it my dads??) over the Christmas holidays, though I've had a couple of ABBA tunes on my iPood for a while now (for cheesy listening). What a lovely light little ditty. Lovely and hummable.

3. You Can Make it if you Try - Sly & the Family Stone.
Copied THIS one (yes, it seems that many of my albums are copied off of various folks) off of "Exeter Adam" (also goes by the name of Attractive Adam for some, heh heh) when working at Exeter YHA in 2008. Nabbed quite a few of his CD's, a good jumble of funk & calm stuff. Funk reeeeally does make you happy and want to dance (I've been listening to Parliament all day, and it's been sunny, so I've been soooo happy & jiggly!). First heard Sly & Family Stone on EyeToy Groove game on the PS2. The best game on there. Ohhhh yeah.

4. The Boys are back in Town - Thin Lizzy.
This is off of The Best Air Guitar Album in the world... ever. Mum gave it to me and my dad for a joint x-mas present back when I was... lets see... 13? 14? I don't think dad ever got to listen to it much, it has soooo many good tunes on it. Both CD's are pretty scratched from so much use now. Whoops. But I managed to copy MOST of the songs onto computer before they got totally mauled up. I remember being on the 12 hour (ended up being 24 hour) trip to Belgium in year 9, and seeing that Matt had the same CD in his CD player (definately felt a connection there!!).

5. Miseria Cantare - AFI.
Hmm... well... I'm pretty sure I got this one off of the interwebs, perhaps when I still had Limewire all those years ago. I'm gonna say it was in year 11 / 1st year college. I decided to listen to them after hearing one song from my Finnish penpal / online friend Katri (who liked to slag off my love for HIM). I never really listen to AFI any more, infact I rarely properly listen to my iPod (when I do it's select albums, most of the time) but this is pretty good every so often. Though pulls your mood down a bit. So I think I'll change it now.

6. Primary - The Cure.
I aquired this album in year 11, from Emily Poole (M) for Christmas. Got into The Cure via Red, and went through a few years of obsession after that. Although this album is a pretty gloomy one, it's also quite upbeat about being gloomy! The first Cure album I ever had possesion of. One of my top favourite Cure albums.

7. It Must Be Love - Madness
Ok, so I just skipped a couple of songs, but thats coz I don't like them (Jeff Buckley really bores me, I suppose he'd be fine in a chilled time, but... it's boring!). MADNESS, however, are great. Got that like off of my mum, and remember hearing them when young. She'll still "dance" / jig like a strange person when they come on, and make a funny face (in a good way). So good to sing along to.

8. I can't see New York - Tori Amos
I don't much like this either, but she's better than Jeff Buckley. She's a tad too whingey. I should go through everything and delete things I don't like, really I should. It's not too bad for background music, I really DID try to "get into her" for a while (CD I copied off of cousin Dan again). I guess I'm just not meant to be a fan.

9. Whatever - Elliott Smith
Copied this off offfff.... well, it could have been Exeter Adam OR Exeter Simon. I got a couple of his songs a few years before, from a fellow Cure fan called Pier (who lives in Italy). Really lovely songs, shame the rest of his songs seem rather more whining & whinging compared.

10. Bloke - Republica
A girl called Jessie left this behind at my house after a big party I threw in 1st year of college (whilst the parents were away, of course!). It's actually a REALLY GOOD CD! So naturally I haven't given it back! I can't really remember ever hearing at the party, though. But listened to it a lot after it for a little while.

Well, THAT was certainly a terrible selection of music to show whats on my iPood... I guess it's because I copied loads of peoples CD's without really knowing what was on them. So heres the next 10 songs after them, minus the mutterings.

11. Hymn 43 - Jethro Tull
12. Hot Patootie, bless my soul - Rocky Horror
13. Talk Talk - Fools Dance
14. Lord of this World - Black Sabbath
15. Another one Bites the Dust - Queen
16. The Path - HIM
17. Bar Bruno's / Maxine's Polka - Shooglenifty
18. Back in the Saddle - Aerosmith
19. Four Horsemen - The Clash
20. Ooh aah just a little bit - Gina G

See, That was a FAR better show of whats on there. Folky stuff, rocky stuff, and CHEESE.

I promise you that once I've finished this 30 day thing, I'll start writing proper updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment