Thursday 20 January 2011

50. Thrifty!

Ahhh procrastination... how I must GET RID OF YOU. ESPECIALLY SINCE I WANT TO GET MY DISSERTATION FINISHED A WEEK EARLY. It might happen? Y'never know...

But, I am going to do this:

I found it on a Tumblr account (here is mine: Bex's birdsnest), and thought that although some of the subjects may not be terribly appropriate for such a public blog, I shall work round that.
I may not do one a day, but eventually, all 30 shall get done.
So here goes...

Write about "your current relationship, if single discuss how single life is".

I am definately currently single. My last "relationship" (a ship full of relations?) was with a lovely cro.......... blacksmith called, in full, Mr Daniel John O'Shea. He has a blog, y'know. Though he doesn't update it so often. But that ended (I ended it) roughly 4ish months ago, I think it was for the best. Since then, Dan has moved away from Falmouth & is now working as a blacksmith in Wales. The other night I got a noice telephone call from him, it seems that he's got his life all nice and sorted in some way or the other, or at least written down on a list (A LIST! It was a shock. Since he used to take the piss out of my love for list, him being not so terribly organised). Though one thing on his "to do this year" list which he missed out I thought about today. DAN. GET SOME NEW GLASSES.
Dan would do things like rip up chunks of rock (FROM the rock) if it was poking my bum in not such a great way when I was sitting on it (I kept that bit of rock. Still got it, with my collection). And would try send me Creme Eggs in the post, to a Youth Hostel I was walking to in the Peak District (it sadly did not arrive, but the thought definately counts). And to point at me when singing "where is my wife, my nagging nagging wife" when singing All For Me Grog (sea shanty), even though it embarrased me, I liked it. I liked many and many things.
Of course I miss all that sometimes, some times more than others... I wrote a list of a few things a few blog posts before this, those are some of the things I miss. But life goes on, and new things come and go, and it was great whilst it lasted (most of the time!!!).
So now I am single.
It's ok, it certainly gives me more time to myself, which is really quite necessary in this final year of uni. And we all need our own space once in a while. As I mentioned, there are DEFINATELY some things I miss... but I'm young, right? I have plenty of time to do as I like, for me. I can settle down & find "permanent solutions" later on.
Of course that doesn't mean that if something came along now, I would say no... take life as it comes, unless theres something which really REALLY requires chasing, or unless it smells like a long dead rotting fish... in which case, leave it alone.
And it's not as if I've had utterly NO attention within the last few months, people come and go, but nothing I'd call a "relationship".
Single single single.

On a totally different note, I got my van today! He's called Hector (after Hector from Monarch of the Glen... originally I wanted to call whatever vehicle I got Molly (also from MotG) but then I thankfully know a Molly, and so calling it that would be a tad creepy. So then I decided on Duncan (again, MotG. They're all such nice names!!). But then I met a Duncan, too. So... Hector).
He's a white Fiat Schudo, 3 seats, diesel, and he would really rather like some more fuel to drink. I'll kit him out nice & proper when I get the time, after dissertation.
I do hope I don't find too much wrong with him.

I can hear Vera singing in her room downstairs. And Silje's audiobook from her room. And the slight murmer of whatever Foggy is watching in their room.

Bugger. I think I left my drying clothes outside, and now it's frosty it seems. Whoops.

Thats all for now! A longer update laterrronnnn.

No comments:

Post a Comment