Wednesday 12 January 2011

49. Drink some wine.

Oh HELLO again!
Yes! Another! Since around a week ago a few little things have happened, however I was mainly updating to "throw up" the recipe for the kedgeree stuff I made for supper today (which I thought was appropriate, as later this evening I have been watching Downton Abbey, and kedgeree was on the menu for breakfast at one point...!).

-----------------------------------------------
Bex's Kedgeree with extra bits and bobs
-----------------------------------------------
Ingredients: (serves 2, or some for supper and some cold for lunch the next day!)
-Brown rice (enough for 2 people)
-2 medium / large eggs
-1 stick of celery
-3 cherry tomatoes
-half a brown (white / greeny) onion, though more would do no harm
-2 large cloves garlic
-Good handful of vaguely crushed up (in your hand will do) cashew nuts.
-fresh ground black pepper
-medium curry powder
-butter
-half a pack of smoked mackerel (the sort you get "suction packed" in Tescos will do. Enough to re-create roughly about 1 whole mackerel)
-----------------------------------------------
1. Rinse the brown rice, and cook. This should take roughly 15-25 minutes from boiled.
2. Whilst waiting for the rice to cook, melt some butter in a frying pan and fry up the rough chopped onion and garlic.
3. Get the eggs into the pan, and create a lightly done scrambled egg with the onion & garlic.
4. Chop the cherry tomatoes in half and put them into the frying pan with the rest, chopped side down, add chopped celery to this mixture - the chunkier the better, I say.
5. Throw in the crushed cashews, a decent amount of black pepper, and enough curry powder to give all the contents a fair dose.
6. Roughly chop up the mackerel (still see-able pieces, but small enough to spread about the entire pan). Add to the pan.
7. Drain the rice and stir well into the mixture, add more black pepper, curry powder, and butter to moisten & mix.
8. Serve! Save! Do what you wish.
-----------------------------------------------
Although this is most likely no where NEAR the "original" recipe, it is my take on it, and so I shall continue to call it kedgeree. Yum yum! Heres a photo, it's a little blurred perhaps due to the poor light:
-----------------------------------------------

Apart from munching THAT, what have I been up to.
Well, the Norweg's got back, I got some new glasses, have also had 2 attempts of getting contact lenses - 3rd attempt on Friday. The problem is that my eyes have GREAT reflexes, and don't want things poked in them. I am DETERMINED, I really do hope I don't have to give up. I would like the choice of NOT wearing glasses (and not being half blind for doing so).

At the weekend I made a MOUSE! Here he is:
He was meant to be for someone, but I'm rather taken to him, and so am half inclined to make another (similar) one. This is not the most character showing photo, but the one which shows off most bits about him.On Monday we started back at uni - Spring term! Soon we'll be half way through the final year... and VERY SOON it's dissertation deadline! Thats still sitting there in my mind... yuck.
Monday was a good day, I got a few little gouache paintings of 6's done, will do more tomorrow, we found that Prof. Alan Male is off to definately be the PROFASAURUS and so Nigel will be taking over as 3rd year man! Nigel is laaavly - as is Alan too, of course.
Tuesday I went with Lisa to the Forge where I did some drawings (see below for a couple of them, the rest can be found on my Flickr) which I'll give her for her burfday. She can have some real actual originals instead of my old scans!! After that we trailed about a few car / van selling places in search of my "perfect" (ish) van. Found one in the end, I'm off to look at it again on Friday and hopefully it SHALL be mine - if it's good enough. It seems like it might be. YAY! How... scarily good!!!
Today (Wednesday) was a bit of an "off" day, but we all have those every so often...

And so for now, I shall continue my addiciton to Downton Abbey, and leave you with a few inspiring / shiny images from other people.
This inspired me to make my own version of the cover for Anne of Green Gables... I could not find who it was by.A very very simple image, but it's cute, and works! From "ohhellodear" on Etsy.So true. Mary Kate McDevitt.
Have had this floating about for a little while, it's a tad out of season now... Felicitas Kuhn.
And finally, a niiice little print by Becca Thorne.

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment