Thursday 31 March 2011

79. I'll have it in pine...

29. Goals for the next 30 days

-Get my illustrated book image finished to a level that I am happy with.
-Get at least 2 projects done for uni.
-Do not watch that TV unless it’s just to be sociable!
-Sort stuff for a car boot sale.

-Start thinking about finding agents to see in London.

-Get on with putting a fabulous portfolio together.

-Get the van bed finished.

I know they aren’t exactly AMAZING goals, but… I just need to get some stuff sorted at the moment. Nothing much just for me, it’s just for my life. Self pampering can come later. Perhaps in June. Definitely in June.

Arrrgh… I now know why I don’t watch TV; the real reason is because we don’t have one, the OTHER reason is because I’ve just watched the TV here at Golant for maybe… two hours? I don’t even know WHY I was watching it, all the programmes were scheisse and it made my eyes go funny. But the day is not entirely wasted, no! Not at all! I had a lie in and so my alarm went off at 9am and I got out of bed a few minutes later, then did some arty farty stuff (“coloured in” a pictcharr), and then Ben and Rachel came back from morning shift & we had a brief natter & Rachel gave me some post which I’m GUESSING was from my dad via Amazon, as it was an OS walking map of this area (I HAD asked for one to be sent, but not a brand new one!!). But yes, I decided that even though the day was a tad grey, and a little moist, I’d go for a walk into Golant village. Off I went along the drive, coming to the footpath and walking through a field which has longish grass which rustled in the wind, and birds (skylarks?) twittering above my head. On I went and walked past a field in which I looked into and 2 pigs came running up to the fence to great me, oink oinky snuffle grunt. Nice and nice, looked those piggies. Shame they were behind 2 barbed wire fences and a bit of hedge – apparently that farmer is paranoid about foot and mouth. Walked past a dead rabbit (on my way back I walked past it again, and it’s guts had been torn open & it’s eyes pecked out). There were some cows with new calves in the field, one teeny calf was propping itself up in a corner. Went briefly into the churchyard on top of the hill, then walked down the hill. Wandered through the village, it’s quite pretty, and onwards over the china clay works railway to by the river. Here I ate my lunch of a tine of sardines in spring water, and a chocolate brownie. Pondered life a little, then walked back up the hill (puffing a bit, it’s steep!!) and went back to the church as I wanted to look in it, and last time there had been other people. Looked in, it was drizzling at this point, and looked through the visitor book to see if any folks from places I knew had visited. The organ player came in and I talked to her for a while, friendly woman, said that the hostel is in the perfect location. I left the church and sat under a tree in the churchyard, eating an apple and being rained on whilst listening to birds tweeting and the wind blowing. It felt good; mysteriously good for someone who is getting soggier by the minute. Continued walking back “home” (went the say way as I came, contemplated making a circle walk but felt a little lazy), on the way I looked in the pig field again and there were 2 male pheasants chasing each other – when they saw me they stopped, and walked slowly about for a while, ignoring each other, then when I hid a bit they chased each other again! Gay lovers? Embarrassed by their squabbles? Who knows! Home, then went into hostel to check e-mails and talk to Paul.
I asked 3 questions:
-How do I get the global gossip internet thing? He doesn’t have a clue, suggested asking Ben… I hope he knows. Internet is getting more important, sort of.

-The catering manager job… do I have a chance? He said that it’d be better if I applied for another up coming position… duty manager! BASICALLY, assistant manager. Siobhan is leaving, so the position will be opening. I’m more qualified for that, too. Sounds important! I’ve e-mailed Chris Long (YHA jobs chap) about it. Eee! Ohh… it’s scary, and a little daunting, but… what’s to lose?
-Cake illustrations… would he like them now. He’s got ‘em now, and we sorted out a couple of other things too. Friendly chap indeed.
For supper I made up a batch of veggie Thai green curry, that’ll last me for a few days, since it looked like it’ll be super busy for the weekend (the wedding going on, and all).

Whoops, I appear to have piddled someone off by applying for this new job… even though they have had exactly as equal chance to apply themselves? It’s a strange, frustrating world sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment