Sunday 20 March 2011

72. Whoop de doo.

22 / 30 day challenge!
How have you changed in the past 2 years...

I am currently sitting in the living room of my (shared with 3 other funny little illustration students) house. Listening to Lykke Li, and looking at the new batch of bunting stuff I put up yesturday for the 1965-1975 party (it's green and red and orange and stars and moons and other moons and more moons... the moons have all been drawn on).

This time exactly 2 years ago I was soon to go to Norway for the first time, I was living in uni halls (Glasney parc) sharing with 6 other people... I wouldn't say I didn't get on with them, I just wasn't really on the same wavelength. I still talk to Jen occasionally though, and sometimes the others whenever I see them in town. I mostly spoke only to Silje & Vera, though also at that time to Jen & Loz & a little bit a few other people.
I had a nose stud which didn't want to heal (then again, this one doesn't either - STILL - but it's better than that one!).
I didn't really know where I was going with anything, or anyone, and around about this time we were soon to go on our first "sunny hot day out of the year" to Swanpool beach and jump in the sea, to soon find out that our balls & such shrunk up inside our bodies because it was so cold (even though we didn't HAVE balls, it felt like it. PAINFUL).
Flying to Norway with Silje & Vera was the first time I had been on a plane without any parents, and on the way back it was the first time I ever went on a plane ALONE.
Sometimes
My clothing style was pretty odd, and I wore mostly EVERY colour, in odd ways.

This time a year ago I was in a sea shanty band. We practised every week and did some gigs (a year before I would NEVER have thought of going on any sort of stage to sing, alone or with others!!). Through the shanty band I met some good folks, including the 2 blacksmiths one of whom I would now have been in a "real" relationship sort of thing (that all still sounds very... grown up??) for a few little months. Forge warming party, never thought I would have known blacksmiths / a forge the year before... it had seemed I was destined to a life of only knowing illustrators / graphic students the year before...
We also had a 1950's party, and Verarr did my hair up all proper, and I looked female for once. I even wore heels.
Was still doing BTCV stuff every so often, and so due to the fact I was in a shanty band / knew dirty scruffy smelly lovely blacksmiths Dan and Lisa, my clothing choice seemed to either be scruffbag in a "lesbian shirt" or shanty wench in floor length skirts.
In a coupleish of weeks Silje & I would be off to hike round the Peak District.
Walking almost exactly a mile across town was a very regular occurance, and vice versa - I miss that walk a bit. I liked to stop to take a breath half way up "shanty hill" and stare out across the water to Flushing, and "the best field"; whether it was light or dark that view was always delicious to me. I suppose I started doing things more on my own, and with Dan a lot.

And now, this year. I'm single, annoyed and lonely at being so at this current space in time, and currently a little hungover from the party yesturday.
The living room is a lot more homely than it was a year ago... though I'm starting to think about slowly moving things together, ready to move some stuff out in May, more stuff in June at some point... it's worrying thinking that I'm soon to graduate uni. This time 2 years ago it didn't even occur. I didn't even think about it! I'd only really just started uni. Time has sped past.
Clothing style? Mostly earthy colours in mostly natural fabrics... I buy far less clothes, try to fix things when possible (though it gets a bit dull).
I like crochet, I only learnt that within this past little while, I don't drink so much in general - going out to the pub usually means 2 pints MAXIMUM unless it's a "special" event.
I seem to have found some sort of style for illustration, I get on well with the majority of the tutors.
I've been spending more and more time with Lisa, though not so much recently as she's been busy. I still stick mostly to my Norwegian sandwich of Silje & Vera though. Squidget & Rarr. I shall miss them muchly, it's TERRIFYING that this time in a week I will be in phase one of my new life at Golant YHA (out of education). Of course I'll be back to uni after the holidays, but... I would have tried Golant out, as it were.
I had a good spoon with Rarr earlier, and a nice sleepover with Squidget last night (and a mucho giggle, in the living room tent, in the evening). I hope they return to the UK at some point after we end uni... what am I to do without my brightly coloured headed Norweg's!

So yes... I have changed a lot. Without sounding like a twit, I can safely say that I have matured - I've found myself a job finally, I've got a van and can drive it (STILL to fit it out inside...). I live in a house, with rent and such which I need to remember to pay. Cleaning must be done by us (though don't mention it too much).
I have a style of arrrrt, and don't even mind singing in front of people, though it still scares me a bit. I go round doing voluntary work at YHA's - I seem to have got into the circuit a bit. Could name drop a few... I still do BTCV... and I hope to jump in the sea again soon!

So yeah! I have CHANGED! For the best, I say.
I am a bit hungry still. Max & Rarr have come & joined me in the living room now.
I should end this soon...
Infact...
NOW.
Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment