Saturday 26 March 2011

74. Here's some more.

24. Your favourite movie and what its about

Favourite movie… I’m not sure what my favourite movie IS… I love Rocky Horror, it’s amusing, I can sing along to it whether I’m drunk or sober, it’s fun to dress up to (even if I think I look terrible in some items… others say otherwise, but… self confidence!!). But then, it doesn’t leave me wanting anything, except for to prance about some more and party some more like a mad beast.

I like The Dreamers. It’s a bit (ok… very) sexy, I mean – EVA GREEN. Something about that woman. But yes… it’s set in interesting times, they have fun – yes they resort to eating bad food (never a good thing in my books) and then never really go and see any greenery as they’re often staying in the house (another bad thing… says she who’s stayed in her room all day!). It’s just sensual.
What else… JUNO! It somehow makes pregnancy look FINE AND OK, even though to me it’s not. It’s lovely and quirky and makes you giggle but also plays on the other side of your emotions. I like the “alternativeness” of it, I like that she makes a living room on a lawn, and that she chunders blue stuff into a vase, etc etc etc. Little amusing things.

Pirates of the Caribbean. Enough said. But I’ll say a bit more anyway. Yes, I’ve watched the first one a few too many times now… I start to think “oh FFS you supposedly evil people, we all know you’re not evil, and Will and Jack – you’re meant to be making out. Have you NEVER read ‘The Pirate Way’?” but the romantic aspect of pirates… even though pirates really are NOT romantic… but Jack Sparrow… ignore the fact he’s probably got multiple STD’s, his teeth are definitely a tad rotten which leads (amongst other things) to bad breath and whatnot, and he no doubt smells a wee bit pongy… however even with all his madness he is one attractive character!
On the mention of Johnny Depp characters… CHOCOLAT. It’s dreamy and arty and Johnny plays one hell of a scrumptious chap. AND there’s chocolate in many forms. And river “pirates” aka some variety of gypsy!
This little list can go on… BUT IT SHANT.

I really can’t choose favourites.
Romantic or amusing (or both) costume dramas set in time before too modern technology… good scenery… things which carry you into a perfectly grinnable place.
I don’t want horror, or too much sci-fi, or anything overly modern, or ridiculous action films with someone who can turn into an alien… none of that. I will stick to stereotypically girly films. Hell, I even like chick flicks. Easy watching, easy giggles, often AWFUL but also often cheap to buy. Pink and fluffy and squee worthy is what I want… even if it leaves me feeling alas, a tad soppy afterwards.
Yes, so despite my prejudices against every other sort of film I still have seen other things – once my stubbornness or boredom gave in (films I didn’t want to watch: Simpsons Movie, Wall-E etc… even though I’m now not quite so adverse to animated stuff, I’d still rather watch the real deal – real humans).

My new workmate (I’m now at Golant YHA) Ben says I can watch his collection of DVD’s which are downstairs. Doesn’t sound bad, since I don’t have internet here (except for any I can sneak off of the reception computer when I’m down there… I’ll try post these when doing that. Carry around my memory stick, sort of thing.

BUT YES… Golant. It is currently 27th March, whether this is posted on that day or not, and I arrived here at 12:15pm after an hours drive from Falmouth. My TomTom (first time I used it!) only got me lost once, it didn’t tell me which way to go, see, at a crossroads… the drive felt shorter than expected, the long driveway down to Golant YHA itself is… well… I thought the track to Lisa’s forge was bad – it’s NOTHING compared to this. Sure the ground level itself seems more even, however the POTHOLES… they appear out of nowhere and are mahooooosive, but not so massive that you can just pop down into them then eventually pop up again. No. They’re like the road biting chunks out of your vehicle every time you don’t manage to swerve round one (need to learn the pattern of swervation).


My room is mostly nice, if I get this same room from July onwards I’m sure it’ll be even nicer. It’s got a window which faces out over to the river/estuary/mud beds and everything, enough storage room, the bed feels comfy so far, got my own sink… though I could do with a couple of extra plug sockets on the other side of the room (though maybe it’s a good thing to have to get OUT of bed to off my alarm clock). I also need to acquire a desk (will bring my desk from Reigate>Falmouth when I next come, I hope it fits perfectly in the window space. And I need to get me a light bulb (the long tube sort) for the light above my sink or for my desk area (desk currently is a chest of drawers so I’m not allowed any knees). And internet. As I mentioned before. May have to get a dongle thing…

And I miss my Norwegian sandwich and such. Already. I KNOW I’ll be back in 3 weeks… but I still miss them.

On the definite plus side, the side of the room is good, and as I said – the view is definitely good. It makes a change from car park / roads. There isn’t a single millimetre of concrete or tarmac in sight, the only manmade objects I can see are 3 washing helicopter twirly whirly drier things, and if I look left a small greenhouse & 2 small sheds & wooden garden furniture, and right I can see co-workers parked vehicles. But that’s fine. All I could hear earlier was the sound of a couple of distant barking dogs, and birds. NOTHING ELSE. I stuck my head out an hour ago (at 9pm) and all I could hear was a pheasant (can hear lots round here – YUM!!!). And it was dark. And not just “ahh yes, it’s night time, the street lights are on though” dark. DARK. I could see a couple of lights on the other side of the river (I think there’s a little marina or something there) and then if I looked towards the big house (the actual YHA mansion) there were a couple of lights on in windows, but they did nothing to taint the blackness of the night. Not entirely black… more of a dark blue as it’s a clear night, and I could see lots of stars.
I’m tempted to go to bed soon so I can wake up at crazy o’ clock (say… 6am?) just BECAUSE. I don’t have internet to distract me.

I wish I had someone to share this semi-wilderness with me. I’m sure I’ll get to know the rest of the folks here sooner or later, though. I hope so.

I wonder if I can get away with sleeping starkers / just in pants here… I’m sure I can… it’s not as if anyone is gonna come in, right? People are surely more likely to come into my room in Fal, and I sleep nekkid there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment