Saturday 26 February 2011

68. Life is GREAT.

Today:

Your beliefs.

I am not religious, full stop. <- a full stop. <-another one

I do however believe in some things like the right to an imagination, freedom of speech & every other freedom possible (for those worthy of it, anyway). Free free free, free free, free, free. I believe that all parts of an animal should be eaten (if edible - don't want to eat bits which make me SICK). I recently found out that Haggis is illegal in America, as it contains too much / any sheeps lung. They're willing to eat junk food, but not certain bits of an animal... sometimes I REALLY wonder whats going wrong over there. I indeed believe that no food at all should go to waste! Buy something? Then use it up. Keep an eye on what you have in the house before eating something which doesn't need eating so much. Waste not want not, yes yes, eyes bigger than your head? Waste in general gets me annoyed. I believe in a lot of things.
End of 30 day challenge for today.

Today Silje & I went on a BTCV day trip to an Iron age Carn next to Carn Euny past Penzance. The weather was lovely (if a little blustery) and we had a good view out across to St Michaels Mount. We mostly chatted to Claire & kept control of the fire (controlled gorse burning before nesting season) and then whilst waiting for the fire to burn down we toasted marshmallows (I got a sugar headache, but toasted mine by setting them alight and then removing the outer crust & eating it, before repeating it again). Got home this eve and fell asleep on the foot of Silje's bed, like a trusty doggalump (3 lovely friendly dogs out earlier).

On Frrrrrrrriday NINA and her chappy Dimmi (Dimitri, but Dimmi is easier to write) appeared in Cornwall. After a little confusion as to which palm tree my house was near, they FOUND me! It was all highly exciting, as Ninoid has never seen my humble home before. I gave a brief tour of the house, and then we consumed cake & slurped at hot / warm liquids whilst sitting in my study, which Nina seems to be rather in love with. It was super good to see them, hopefully I'm gonna crash at N's in May when visiting London (it's certainly closer than Reigate).
Ahhhh the lads...
Come on Nino, you know you want to come visit me again!

On Thursday I had my assessment presentation, I thought I screwed it up as I got nervous about talking about my work in front of people however I was told I was fine (though had to assure someone else that they DIDN'T seem like an utter nutter whilst talking). That evening I had just put a chocolate gingerbread cake into the oven, and was just eating a simple meal of a microwaved potato with butter and some tinned fish (I'm racking my brain trying to remember which sort) in tomato sauce... when LISA rang! A few days ago her van decided to blow up (cam-belt was a tad old...) and we have since found out that there is no point in repairing it due to it costing too much money, so Lisa has been going round in a silly little hire car thing. But then that died at the forge, at about 8pm. So I went out on a rescue mission with my faithful handy man (Silje) and a thrown together wing mirror; why, you might possibly ask if I haven't already blogged about this before? Because some utter knobend went along the road deciding to kick off some folks wing mirrors, mine being one of them. The mirror itself was no where to be seen & the casing is a bit damaged (have aquired some black gaffa tape...) and so I had to spend out on buying a new mirror. ANYWAY, on with the story. I made a part time mirror (drivers side, sadly) out of Vera's hand mirror strapped on with gaffa - it didn't work amazingly, but since it was night time I just needed to be able to see any lights coming up behind me. Yes, I am aware that it's slightly naughty to drive without a drivers side mirror, however it was a RESCUE mission!! So I drive along, with Silje keeping me sane as I hadn't ever driven in night THAT DARK, nor THAT FOGGY!!! Finally got to the end of the forge track, and decided against taking the van along it as it's dark and full of pot holes & mud. Left Silje guarding the van with it's lights on, and I walked the 0.8 miles down the PITCH BLACK track to the forge with no torch. I swore at a horse, as I thought it was on the wrong side of the fence, and almost punched a few bushes for looking mysteriously like skulking evils. Found Lisa in the dark (her torch battery had died), then we walked back (she seemed pretty amazed that I'd walked the whole way on my own). Got back home, finished eating, cake was GOOOOD (Rarr took it out the oven) and then went to the pub for a few mission complete pints. And then to a bar. And then the next morning I was hungover, yuck.
That has pretty much been the whole of my most recent happenings. Tomorrow eve off to Gyll Beach Cafe to watch Peoples String Foundation, and then Monday - Wednesday am at Lands End.

Mmmm. Images: Nice cut out vs simple style... I'm itching to try it.There was a short series of these, this being my favourite.
Wasn't Ozzy pretty when he was younger before he waded in deeper than he could snort?

I made some patterns! They can all be repeated quite nicely...I got a little addicted to bunnies for a while.Bunny bunny bunny.See? Repeat!

Some links:
THE BUNNIES. A great saviour to those who are stressed.
Might try designing me some socks...
This chap is one of our external assessors. I rather like his work, yes indeed.
Young to old - made me grin a little bit (just a little).
Have I already posted this? I want WANT a trunk (or 10) and satchels, and EVERYTHING.
Or this... similar, but theres no trunks there.

And now... time to wait for a bus. Was going to cycle to Penryn to retrieve my new wing mirror, but I had forgotten that my bike is chained to Faye's bike TWICE - one of the locks being Faye's, so I don't have the key. And she's asleep. Bugger. Agh well! Bus it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment