Wednesday 2 February 2011

63. I have a green pea.

Today I shall write about

Your earliest memory (mine, actually).

I remember a few things... I'm not sure in which order they should come, but I remember them.

I remember being in the kitchen & desperately trying to wrinkle my brow - I loved how my mum & dad looked like they had lots of worms wriggling across their forehead sometimes.

I remember running / going up some outdoors steps - they felt like fire exit steps - with my mums mum. I have a feeling they might have been at a hospital, quite possibly my mum was in there having Elk. I guess I was being amused in some way? I have a vague thought that I went in through a door at the top, but I can't quite remember. I'd be 2 or 3 for this, if that WAS the time it was.

I remember being at the caravan site in Ulwell (Dorset) and putting on my dads brown socks (they were like thigh highs on me!) and his brown shoes (HUGE!). I also seem to remember wearing my mums jumper - the navy blue one with a green frog on the front of it, but these could be slightly affected by the fact I've seen photos of them. But I THINK I remember them properly, anyway.

I remember being at playgroup (so this won't be the oldest memory) and I'd drawn a picture of a girl. It was meant to be me, but it had brown longish hair, and a big round red face. I demanded a sticker for it, because it was GOOD. I got a sticker. Yeeeeah.

I also remember making salt dough Christmas tree decorations at playgroup, I was impressed that the dough came in a few different colours. We hung those on the tree for a few years, but then they DISAPPEARED. I don't think my mum keeps much old stuff like that.

I ALSO remember at playgroup, being chosen to be Mary for the nativity play. I was pretty happy that I got to be a main part, but remember sitting there in the church in front of everyone, with a plastic baby in a cot and thinking "what am I meant to do with this baby??".

I remember being at child minders (before I ever went to school) and having lunch sitting at a short plastic table - it was baked beans with peas or sweetcorn mixed in. Maybe something else too, but I just remember that. I also recall that there was blackcurrant squash to drink and it was GROSS. Apparently I used to like Ribena, but I can't much remember liking it except for knowing that I saw the bottle about the house. After lunch I remember it was nap time. I had the little sofa, and I couldn't sleep. One of the childminders children (maybe called Mary?), bullied me a little because I wasn't sleeping. She threatened to "tell". At some point after nap time I remember we were sort of made to watch TV (I think I just wanted to play with blocks, or something. Once Elk & I made a castle for a couple of toy squirrels out of the blocks. Someone knocked it down). I didn't want to watch Peter Pan, I thought it was a bit scary. Captain Pugwash was much better.

I also remember being on the top deck of a bus with my childminder, I got to eat a Fruit Pastille sweet - this is the first sweet I ever remember eating. I THINK it was a red one. The best ones.

I remember quite a few things, but can't decide which is the oldest...

No comments:

Post a Comment