Tuesday 15 February 2011

66. A big pile o' sticks.

Onwards with the 30 day challenge, after a break of... a bit over a week!

YOUR VIEW ON MAINSTREAM MUSIC

I've never been crazily IN to mainstream music. No, not at all. Always on the rock side of things, and now thats all in-bred with folk stuff too...
Theres some music I hear and go "urgh" - most of that stuff is in the majority of clubs today. Admittedly some of the stuff out there is catchy, or has a good beat, but it's really not for me.
I also have to admit, that today I listened to an album of music which I'd never even THINK to listen to, I was attracted by the name of it & the album artwork...
Elephant Man - Dance & Sweep. It's really not my sort of thing, but I listened to MOST of the album before getting sick of it, and it's got a good fun beat indeed! If the clubs round here played THAT, they perhaps I'd be seen out more (though there are still far better things for clubs to be playing, however we have to stick mainstream, right?).

Sometimes I look at people blasting such crap music into their ears - of course, it's what they're spoon fed off of the charts - and wonder why they don't ever think about listening to music which is a bit more beautiful. Something which isn't just pure noise, of sounds made by a machine.
And something Silje & I mentioned the other day... the SU bar up at Tremough holds big themed parties. Sometimes the theme will touch on the music too (like the 80's party has 80's music) but they always throw in all the modern stuff, too. I reckon it's be more FUNNERER to keep the theme.
I'd like to have a Woodstock & such party for my 22nd ("& such" being funk, I'd like to throw some delicious 70's funk into my mix of folky 60's). However, I'm guessing that people will let a few songs play but then insist on changing it to something shoddy. Yes ok, shoddy only really in MY opinion... perhaps I just need to find more people to have parties with, who don't mind FOLKY ROCKY GOOD stuff :P

On the mention of music, here are 2 other CORR BLIMEY albums I found out today:
Blowzabella
Bellowhead (apparently they're playing Green Man festival this year - I want to go...)

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment