Tuesday 1 February 2011

62. Cock-a-doodle-do

Aaand today

Somewhere you'd like to move or visit

Where would I like to move...

I wouldn't mind living in Iceland for a while, I'd have to make sure I lived in a good & friendly little community though, and of course I guess it'd help if I spoke Icelandic! Near the sea, of course, though not many people actually live inland in Iceland. And preferably not TOO far away from Reykjavik (don't want to be entirely cut off) (I say not too far, as long as I could get there within a few hours). It's such a beautiful place, even me as a grumpy teenager could tell that. I wish I hadn't been so grumpy, and wish I hadn't taken so many photos of the ponies with my camera and instead had used the film for AMAZEENG stuff. I wonder how bitter it is there in Winter, since I've only been in summer (midnight sun! ^^). I find it kinda amusing that all of a sudden EVERYONE wants to go to Iceland. I wonder if it's due to all it's local media-ness? First the volcano, then all the "Visit Iceland" advertising... hmmm... LYKE, SOOOOO FASHNUBBLE.

I could probably live in Scotland, too. Either in the islands or on the coast or by a big loch. I'll visit Culdees again, some day. Yes I will. Preferably in the summer. Scottish accents, too... mmm. And HAGGIS! I'd need to acquire a tolerance to midges though... midges LUUUURVE Bex flesh.

CORNWALL. But isn't that obvious? I'm already living here! If I didn't have any other choice, I could happily live here for the rest of my life. Falmouth is a good place to live at my current stage, but I'm hopefully moving to other Cornish places, for YHA / other work... Cornish people aren't half nutters, but they're GREAT. How often can you go into a Boots chemist in a small town / big village, and ask if they know any locksmiths to be answered by
"Hmm, not sure about locksmiths, I might do? I do however know a few people who could BREAK INTO your van for you, however...". He was a nice oldish old chap, and his co-worker was a friendly oldish woman too. He had his (rather very thin up to date iPod on an iPod dock, which he turned off when a tune he wasn't so fond of came on!!!). He looked things up on the internet, and the phone book, and from his memory......... ahhh Cornwall.

Switzerland. But I'm not sure for how long, since there is no sea to be had. It' such a lovely neat, tidy, & clean place... with public transport which runs perfectly on time, and gawwwjus scenery, and the people are friendly, AND... CHOCOLATE. Again - it'd be useful to speak the language.

Ohh, theres so many places I'd like to move to, even if just a short while. Infact, most of the places I've visited. Like Norway.... Denmark too... Italy! Menorca? Maybe... could be better just for a holiday get away. I'm never too sure about the culture down there. France? Maybe. Canary Islands? Probably not.
OH! CANADA! YES! I'd live there! Preferably in the Rockies or the Vancouver side of them (sea!). Vancouver Island? Never visited, but seems good.


Where I'd like to visit which I haven't done so already...

Scottish Islands. I haven't visited them yet (even though they're on my "I'd like to live here" list).
Sicily. Southern Italy? Sounds good to me!
ANYWHERE in the Med. The sea there is lushity lush. Like swimming in a clear, warmish bath, with colourful little fish. Fish fish fish!
DEFINATELY Greece & the Greek Islands, yes, they're in the Med too.
Morocco! Food, architecture, styling... I can't see better, for such a place.
AUSTRALIA. Preferably with no run-ins with scary deathly animals.
NEW ZEALAND. YESSSS. For a while I wanted to go work on a farm there, it still appeals. I really do like getting far away from where I grew up (though currently over seas still seems a tad extreme).
The Caribbean.
Y'know, I might as well say EVERYWHERE. But those places are biggun's.

No comments:

Post a Comment