Thursday 7 April 2011

85. Do the hand jive

RIGHT... an update with IMAGES! IMAGE HEAVY ALERT!!!

Today I have got my back tyres replaced, and I wish to do some painting / drawing (for business cards and such), and print out a picture, and make some cake, etc etc etc.

Here are some images of what I've been doing:
Created the sketch for this just before the "Swan Lake on Ice" show started, came home & coloured it in. Squidget also made a sea captain picture, I want to do more "we should draw THIS" things, it makes us create things we otherwise might not.

First doodle I did at Golant, just painted it, no pre-sketching or anything. I like that he has no body, and he only has snapped strings as I decided I couldn't paint in all 4 in such a small space with such a not so small brush...
Went on a walk which resulted in a sketch for this, and then creating a more "proper" image of it, which is this. I also then doodled this:
Which seems to be peoples favourite current doodle on Society 6 (well, of my stuff) which surprises me as I thought they'd prefer the other more "done" stuff. This is, REALLY, a doodle.
One the same page I also made this doodly doodle of 3 girls, because I had paint leftover, and I really don't like wasting it.
The hostel is thinking of making a muffin / cupcake business, to help raise more money for the place. I created some easy little labels to stick on them (dashed line to write on what the cakes are).
And THIS is a sketch I did some many days back, but I tried to paint it and it wouldn't work and I got frustrated so I drew it out and did it digitally in the end. And that worked, mmhmm.
The on came a couple of "lairier" bits, a mermaid with three tails...
And an image for my assistant manager who is leaving Golant soon, to go back to Treyarnon Bay YHA. I hope she doesn't see it before I give it to her.

More stuff soon, I hope... but I can't upload images or words onto the internet at Golant (incase my, or anyone else's memory stick had a virus on it. It'd affect the whole YHA system!), so it could be a week or two. Sorry!

And here are some of what OTHER folks have been doing:
A photo of a baby Snub Nosed monkey from National Geographic... they aren't so cute when older (the same applies to most things, apart from humans, and human babies... well... yeurgh!).
The moon on the 19th March was MASSIVE. Found this via National Geographic, too. It's over New York - appropriate for some (not me).
My mate tall Will does funky photograph related things. Here is a solagraph of the sun moving over part of Falmouth (in the direction of my house!) over the course of a few months / weeks or so. He sent me a link to this:
The same sort of thing but elsewhere, by Tarja Trygg. It's so lovely seeing how the sun moves... mmmm the sun.
Owen Davey graduated from Falmouth a few years back, and this is DELICIOUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment