Saturday 2 April 2011

81. Plum on the run.

Didn’t write much yesterday… but I’m sure that’s FINE.
Today I worked 7am-4pm, and I’ve been lazing about since. I’m now watching River Garden, and feel a little bad about all the crap I’ve eaten today (lots of leftovers from cooked breakfast…. So… well…). And then there’s the rest…
Must remember instead of nabbing old cold croissants, to grab a TOMATO. Especially since here in the hostel they’re so fresh! Because they get used, and then more get bought.

I’d like a proper set of sharp knives for the kitchen, please. In fact, I’d like a properly equipped kitchen, and a pot washer.
Butternut squash and peanut butter soup, with a squeeze of lime… that sounds GOOD… with chopped coriander and natural yoghurt on top. OM NOM NOM! I can has blender?

Weddings are odd… the ACTUAL wedding didn’t happen here, however a LOT of drinking Pimms did.
“Feeling exhausted? Dark circles? Try this make up to put over it! With caffeine inside it!”. Really. REALLY. I don’t think that makeup will make you less exhausted. Some adverts are ridiculous.

Old saying “the devil himself was too scared to go to Cornwall, in case he ended up in a Cornish pasty” (does this mean that the Cornish will put ANYTHING in a pasty?). Apparently. River Cottage man is making pasties. They DO look good… and he put it in his pocket. “I can’t tell you how comforting it feels, digging, with a hot lunch in my pocket” (I reckon it should have got crushed by now, he was bending over a lot).

No comments:

Post a Comment