Thursday 1 October 2009

I AM THIS OLD. 20.

I really, really, REALLY want butterscotch tart.
REEEEALLY. Old primary school style, with the weird whipped cream on top. Oh please, someone make me some.
http://www.slowtrav.com/blog/palma/Butterscotch%20Tart.jpg
That is the most old-school style I can find, though we didn't get crushed stuff on top.
OHHHH YESSS.
Butterscotch tart served off of Tristan Omeara. Mehehehehe. He likes milk. This could just turn into a big drool ramble...

Our house party tomorrow, freakshow / circus style. I'll look a bit like a fakir frog girl?! Depends on if I do the whole weird turban business. Yay for painting my webbied feeties greeeeen.
Noooo idea how it'll go - I wonder if a) people will actually turn up, and b) will people dress up?
And what sort of party will it be? I rather like the sound of a chilled out do with nice music & happy alcohol'd up throats & good conversation. And some butterscotch tart.

Back to the thought of butterscotch tart... it says I have to "whisk the sugar and condensed milk together until thick and pale". I don't think I have QUITE enough patience to do this by hand, since I get bored whisking up even Angel Delight. Mmmm, butterscotch Angel Delight... good times. What machine would I use to whisk it not by hand? What is there in the electric cupboard... apparently we have one. Or sort of one. YAY. How very exciting. I shall need some baking beeeeans too.
Hmm, chocolate milkshake will have to feed my butterscotch want for the time being. Alas.

Hmmm, Sunday I shall be making a 3 course meal for Squidgy (and I) since I had a bet on with her. She didn't smoke for a week, so now I make food. What to make? Perhaps:
STARTER:
Some sort of white fish (whatever looks best at Fally fishmongers?! Actually I should probably find a nice flavoursome one... lets ask the mother. If she EVER replies to me on MSN. Coooome on.
Right, sea bass with asparagus & a lightly peppered white sauce.
MAIN:
Chicken breast stuffed with choritzo & rosemary, roasted.
New potatoes with melted butter and chives? Maybe? Possibly not...
Salt & pepper quick roasted tomatoes (in half)
Salad (iceberg/spinach/basil) with lemony vinegary olive oil dressing.
PUDDING:
The butterscotch tart of ultimate win win win. I hope.

Right, off to bed.
Silje's bed, coz it's double and my room is FREEZING today it seems. Brrrr.

This was a bit of a poo update.

No comments:

Post a Comment