Saturday 3 October 2009

Toowentifulwon

RIGHT, I shall write blog update whilst I wait for paint to dry.
This week, I have not done much. OH I LIE, we held our Circus / Freakshow party! I think it was a success, in the way that I enjoyed it. I was frog girl, of course.

Best photo I took (I didn't take many). All I can see is Vrarr's boobs & a slightly dead looking Will? Heh heh.
What else happened in the past week.... I finished my own personal Harris tweed & fluffy leopard material purse (the fluff makes it a little too bulky for my liking, so I don't think I'll keep that sort for Babahogs). Look! It fits cards and coins and everything! And is pretty much reversible! On the inside I stitched in the felty yellow letters "Cap'n Bex". Just incase I forget.
And I started back at uni (2nd year! Whoooo!) on Monday. Already got a project, iconography doo daa's on randomly picked items - I managed to pick cigarettes / cigars. Doing quite nicely though I feel, I hope. Eeek. It's pretty much just a warm up project, ends on Friday afternoon.
In class I forgot about THAT accent. Ohhh accent / bad English. Tiz good to be back. HELLO DAY STRUCTURE. Though now I can't do things such as play Sims / make stuff which isn't for uni, etc, without guilt. Bugger.
Sea shanty practise on Monday went quite nicely I feel, got a bit freaked out at one point when some people were saying that to stay as part of the official group each member should have to have to sing at least 1 song solo. OH DEAR GOD! I've always been told that I can't sing (apparently I can) and have never done a solo, and would BRICK myself if I had to, but luckily an opposing side appeared and sort of said that maybe everyone wouldn't have to, some people aren't that mad yet. Phew. Then went out drinking with some of them, found out that Molly reminds me of a more boisterous and folky Jenny. She's lovely though, laaaaverly! Lots of them are. I think the night ended up with a conversation with Zef with Vera and Silje talking about Moomins. Good times.

Tomorrow I may be going to another little Tristan Omeara gig (Q-bar) so I shall take a big waterbutt to drool into. Yes please...
Speaking of gigs, with the shanty group we have quite a few gigs lined up this month! (Well, I say quite a few...) one is apparently in front of 3,000 people at a beer / ale fest. EEEEK! I'll have to start learning me some lyrics better. Also with shantying, we're going on a free Skinners brewery tour soon. How exciting! Shame I don't like beer / ale...

Finally made Silje (and I) the 3 course meal the other day. INCLUDING THE BUTTERSCOTCH TART! It wasn't like how I remembered from Wray Common, but alas, that shall be a ghost from the past. This is very sweet. VERY. And I'm not sure if I whisked it enough (the electric whisk seemed to be overheating).

www.oglaf.com <- dirty comic. Well worth a read and a titter. Har har.
www.designspongeonline.com/2009/09/at-the-river.html Ohhhhhh.... alas. Noice noice noice.
www.thisiswhyyourefat.com <- oh golly. Heart attack hello. However, I am not fat because of those since I don't really eat those ever...

Not much else to show, really...

No comments:

Post a Comment