Saturday 26 September 2009

Ninetween

Late as it seems, always, but I'm avoiding doing things that I should be doing (though surely this is one of them?) such as:
-Making & writing a letter to Silje's parents (they sent me one from Voss in the summer)
-Letter & birthday card to my granny & my uncle
-Belated letters & birthday cards to Imy & Tanzee
-General drawing
-Making purses (yay!) for Babahogs. The best tweed & some leopard print furry business, all made lovely & noice (if theres anyone who actually reads this thing who would like to aquire one of these purses (admittedly I should make them first, and then show pictures...) then let me know. About £10 I think).
-Tidying my room and study. NEEDS DOING. Too messy for my liking.
-Telling my mum (and dad, I guess?) that I'm hopefully going to Norway for X-mas. Mmmmmm the food... can't wait. No Lanzarote any more.

Anyhoo... so here is a blog.
We just did lots of food shopping. Hurrah for tartan granny trolleys from the cheap shop in town. Ohhh their wheels make so much noise. Faye & Silje made yummy berry & stuff smoothies for late lunch, and I FINALLY seem to have got over my, ahem, hangover, from Thursday night (annual Cottage party near Pendennis Head)! Wheeee. Ankle still hurts from twisting it on the path down, though.

A lot of people are walking up the road.
Today I don't seem to like milk, I'm wondering whether to be shocked with myself. Usually I can't get enough.
Oh, if you're ever in Marks & Spencers, go find some snack food called "Wasabi peas". Also their "Chilli seed mix" is gorgeous. Oh so good to snack on.

We all went and bagsied good seats in the studio the other day, I'm got mine next to a lovely corner right next to the fire door. Wall on one side, Silje on the other, and no one too close behind me. Perfect. Perhaps Kathleen will be sitting in the corner (I know she likes the corners...) so that'll be good. A most excellent person.

Ramble ramble ramble. OH RAMBLING! The other day, Silje & I got the bus to Trebah gardens & then walked 7 miles back along the coastal path to Falmouth. A lovely day, and took us far less time than we thought it would. We then had a thought that we want to complete the whole Cornish coastal path by the time we finish uni... 200 more miles to go.

Any thing else...?
Made a tasty vegan (not that I am) banana bread the other day. It was goood. Ate it at our BBQ. People liked it. They also liked my potatoe salad. Om nom nom. Need to clean the BBQ.

Here, have some links:
http://labs.ideeinc.com/multicolr
Faye let me to that one, basically choose some colours which take your fancy & it'll find photos from Flickr with those colours. Good for colour palettes. Or just eye candy. Mmm.

http://www.andreawan.com/
Am not so sure about all of her work, but some of it caught my eye.

http://www.thebungaloo.com/HOME.html
Again, not all of it, but one piece definately liked my eyes "Breakfast in Peru"

http://takashiiwasaki.info/takashiiwasaki/english/embroidery.html
And I think that those are just a bit tasty coz they're done totally in embroidery. Wow.

Any pictures to show...? Yes... here are some which AREN'T my images:
I can't remember where I found this, or who's work it is, but I love what they've done with ink & already written on paper...Again, no idea where or who, but it's lovely! Silver birch legs, om nom.Drew Turner. OM NOM NOM. Perhaps a bit too fashionable... but who cares, really.Ian Davis. Damn these triangles. I never used to be much into triangles, but then theres this triangle craze going around and everyone seems to be using them and sometimes using them WELL and I'm going "ohh, I like this..." I hate trends. Oh damn them. (Speaking of triangles, at the Cottage party on Thursday we were in the middle of a triangle of 3 most lovely men - Tristan Omeara (http://www.myspace.com/tristanomeara) who is currently busking & generally BEING in Falmouth. Oh give him to me, NOW!! And also the 2 lovely long haired chaps who we like to call Piercing Boy and Juggling Boy. Their real names shall remain quiet. It was goood).Louis Wain. Miaow.

Shawn Creeden has done a little series on bats. Although not AMAZINGLY drawn, they're really noice & I just want to cuddle them whilst they do things wot bats do.And finally "thisislimbo" from Flickr. Their work is stripey & gangly & nice.

And now my stuffs...

A hat (leopard print fur & wine fleece) I made for Vera ALL BY HAND! No sewing machine...! Unfortunately it was too small, so it went to Faye....So I made another. All by hand again (we only THEN went and bought a sewing machine). This one I made in a more bonnety style rather than helmety style - none of them were made from official patterns, just pretty much made them up (though this 2nd one did take inspiration from Silje's cat hat which she got from... I do not know). Both with cozy ear flaps. And pom poms.

Either this or the next one will go to Silje's parents (postcard). Acrylic & gouache & biro & pencil.And this one I made too. Now I'm going to made a woodpecker one for my granny (and buy a rude Cornish postcard for my Uncle John, as he is a builder, and they like rude stuff).
Anyway. This is where I shall end. Phew, I did a proper entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment