Tuesday 30 June 2009

See this is seven

Bugger. Late. Just. And I won't have internet for a couple of days (unless I go to Babahogs / Chain Locker) as I'm moving into new house tomorrow, 11am. WHEEE!
All very lovely.
I really can't much remember the last week.
Today I had fun about Fally with Silje, Vera, Faye, Andy, and Marcel. A fair bit of Scrumpy Jack, snooping about A&M's new place (2 doors down from our new house - we have the geek end of town! Woop!). Drawing lots of cocks in Faye's sketchbook, oggling tasty looking chaps with Vrarr, grabbing Faye's bum & making her scream.... yep, good stuff.
Yesturday was bugger all. Mum left in the morning to go back to Reigate. She had been down for 2 nights after her yaghting trip round the south coast of Cornwall with 5 others... then coming to help move my, Vrarr, & Silje's stuff.
OH MOVING STUFF! HA!
Marcel, Andy & I helped to move Faye's stuff on Saturday. Rather amusing. 2 full big Tescos trolleys... twice... along from one end of Fally highstreet to the other (Tuke House to our new house). 1 of 1st lot of trolleys decided to throw a box off of the top in the middle of a zebra crossing not long into the journey, spilling stuff everywhere & causing a queue of cars waiting for it. I ran over at least 1 person with my 1st trolley load. Lot of people looking at us and smiling a bit, probably thinking "ahhh young people" or something like that.
Anyway, it's all moved now.
Now we just need to move ourselves.
In the 2 days my mum was down, she rented a car & took me, S&V places. On the sunniest day we went to Porthlune Cove (beyond Truro, south coast) and basked on the beach and built sandcastles and swam in the sea. Vrarr got BIG FOOT PAIN as she trod on a weaver fish. Luckily we found a couple who had a thermos of hot water so we got it on a towel and wrapped it round her foot.

WAY TO STOP WEAVER FISH STINGS FROM BEING SO BAD: The stuff in the sting is protein based. It spreads better in cold water, so get it in as hot as you can water (this will stop the pain from spreading too far... do this as soon as possible as it spreads up your whole leg and probably beyond). The pain won't totally go away for 5 hours, but at least it won't spread too bad. Weaver fish live in the sand on mostly beaches - their favourite place is at the low tideline as the water never leaves there. It is the spines along their back which stings you. Ouch.

We also visited the Lost Gardens of Heligan. They were lovely but I probably would have liked them better if I had not been so knackered from moving my, S&V's stuff all morning (and lacking in sleep). Last time I visited there was when I was about 6.
Another set of gardens I visited were Trelissick gardens (National Trust) with Silje & Loz. Went there and back on the Fally - Trelissick (Truro, actually) ferry. Noice day, talked to cows and climbed many trees etc.




www.barniepage.com/ 2nd year Illustration student at Brighton uni, or maybe now 3rd? Like the petrified forests book.


SHORT UPDATE DUE TO MOVING HOUSE.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, Barney's in 3rd year. Oh God, the thought of sharing a studio with them in September scares me a bit! They're too damn talented, that's what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanx guyz! zoe, bad news, theyve changed things around and youre sharing the studio with graphics not us :( youre laughing though coz you get the nice studio

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! I had no idea, what a shame.

    We shall have to arrange a weekly tea 'n cake meet between l.2 & l.3 students to make up for this :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy shit, I never noticed there were actually comments on here...

    And Zoe.... I have to share a studio with Alan Male etc!!! Eeeek!
    He's as soft and lovely as a marshmallow, really...

    ReplyDelete