Friday 14 August 2009

Teeeewelve

More friends just left... goodbye till X-mas you lot...
Luckily this time the weather was good when they were here (or at least, I got a little darker skinned yesturday) and now it's gone crap.
At the moment it's Falmouth Festival week, I think tonight is the last night as I have been informed that there are fireworks. I shall sit on my windowsill and watch them, should be a good enough view of the harbour from here.
The monday just gone was great. I took my visiting friend Rachel to my favouritest pub (Jacob's Ladder) just to show her where it was, and to force her to climb the 111 steps there. Wasn't expecting it to be busy, it was after all a monday and not term time... sat out in the patio and drunk our Old Rosie and such. There was a group of youngish folk (ok, 20ish) there, they had only formed a little while back and were singing sea shantys. Got talking a little with them, and may have said they could sing it all at my house any day! Ah ha ha. It'd be great, though. I thought they were wonderful. Got a number for them, as well... it could work...
From there we followed the sea shanty lot (apparently they practise at the Ladder every monday now) and went to The 'front. It seems everyone practises things on mondays, this monday there was a group of folky fishermen sorts and a little gathering of people playing small drums and fiddles and such. AND FOLK DANCING! Rachel and I got pulled into it all, so much fun, especially on top of the sea shantys at Ladder. Then we went paddling down the quay steps into the harbour. And walked home barefoot. Delicious.

I've heard that the print rooms at uni are open over the summer, which is quite highly exciting since it's a fun place to play. What I REALLY need though is to use their actual computer printer things... need to print off my [4 inch] pieces (done by hand, scanned, tweaked). Ok they are due in for October, but I'd rather like to do them now please. Going to the proper printing shop does not quite do the trick, for me.

Come on Topshop order... arrive please... I would like my red dress.
Too much money being spent, Rebecca!!!
I want these, too:
http://www.ctrlclothing.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=17&products_id=404
Howeverm I do not think that I have a good enough reason to spend that much on leggings... however funkehh they are.

More stuff I like... http://listimpone.blogspot.com/
Yum yum, lots of little black lined patterns and beasty beasts.

Animals on wallpaper. Nice.
http://www.catherinesanimals.com/
The ones I like theeee best are deer 1, duck 1, ostrich, sheep, sloth 1.... y'know, it's actually too hard to choose. Theres so many great ones!!
Silje & Vera are back in a week. YAAAAYYYY! Extremely very highly amazingly exciting. It has been TOO long.

No comments:

Post a Comment