Wednesday 20 July 2011

90. Swallow a bee

Hello again...

I've currently CROSSED MY FINGERS A LOT (although I originally wrote "crossed my gingers"), as I'm being considered for The Artworks Illustration agency's "Startworks" programme. I really hope they'll take me on, REALLY REALLY! If they don't? Well... I guess I'll just have to carry on life, keep drawing whenever I can (it doesn't seem like often at the moment :( ) and hope for something else to come along.
Working with the YHA is alright, the pay is good, the people are lovely (mostly), the accomodation is pretty dandy (well... mostly!!), and the location is superb (apart from lack of sea within a short dawdle from my room); but it is starting to drag - even after only 3ish weeks. I'm fully aware that I can't be too fussy with what I do - after all I am insisting on remaining living in Cornwall, and I have only just graduated - I don't have much money (shh!) and I'm not exactly a high up illustrator (sadly). But even so, I'm pretty sure I don't want to be hoovering and scrubbing toilets and cleaning pots for the rest of my life! It'd be GREAT to get an agent and the like, really really great, and I'm still fully aware that even when I do that I won't be able to earn a full living from it... but enough so that I don't have to clean up un-flushed poop?! PLEEEASE!
It doesn't help that I'm currently looking through photos of the Easter of events in Brittany, in hot sunshine, wonderful singing music dancing etc, lazing about (when not being yelled at to get up and dance...!!!). Alas! It's not even SUNNY at the moment! Last night I almost fully shut my window, put an extra blanket on the bed, and a hot water bottle on my feet! What it is all coming to...
In short, I'm better than scrubbing toilets. Sorry, but I am.
End of rant.

I had another nice "weekend", went on a visit to Falmouth (it was SUPER DUPER weird driving there in the evening, I drove past my house (old house) and got a little emotional feeling). One day of lazing & walking the highstreet, and then a day of driving out to Church Cove to re-visit the church which is half buried by a sand dune. In the church I met a mouse, it was NOT being quiet!! Also walked a little bit of cliff there and admired the rock formations, before going down onto one of the beaches to jump over ever widening (due to rising tide) rivers, get my knees wet, and run away from fake creatures (it ended up in a shoe).
Events also included meeting an escaped cow on the road, and being SUPER HAPPY that the Helston Sainsburys fuel area does FREE AIR!! Most fuel stops now make you pay. FOR AIR! This makes me love Helston Sainsburys even more than I already did.

Today at the hostel it has only been Rachel & I working all day, we somehow managed to get everything done, and I even cooked hake & such to perfection! It amused me when a woman (hake woman) was praising my service & whatnot to another guest, before noticing that I was sitting right near her & she got all embarrased - ahhh, ego widening. Delicious!!

Once again, it does not want to let me add images, so for now, go to my Flickr account for any updates of the artwork variety!

No comments:

Post a Comment