Thursday 21 June 2012

110. It scares me when

THIS POST, is dedicated to the Falmouth uni Illustration BA hons graduates of 2012.
As in, the folks who are taking over my potential jobs, ha!

Having gone along to the opening night for their graduate show (that was a few nights ago now...) I was actually relatively terrified as it all looked so good! Perhaps this is because it was / is, or then again maybe it was because I didn't know any of the people (with the exception of two) and so I had no previous emotions attached to pieces.
But yes, quite scary.

Anyhow, I've since looked through all the portfolios on the Falmouth agency website and have since become less scared, noticing that some of the things aren't actually as good as I remembered I've gone through it all and found that really, the following folks are the ones who inspire me the most:




William Grill. I've shown his work before, and although his Agency portfolio doesn't 100% impress me (a little all over the place, but most fresh grads are!!) he's still SUPER.






Elena Boils. What funny little creatures... definately appeals to the ye olde wolde style in me.



Harry Tennant. Vintage, printed, blocky but textured... ayeeee.



Josh Hurley. Once again, his portfolio is all over the place but this piece definately caught my eye... I hope it's not just due to the giant craze for woodland creatures at the moment!


Sam Kerwin. The stuff on this portfolio page is an interesting mix of experimental styles... mostly all bold and bright, appeals!



Simon W Boult. More experimental looking stuff, this piece (for something on Freud) tickled my fancy the most, I'd like to do more "butterfly printed" stuff. Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment